NICUVERSE - FAQs
As a complement to our older-school forums, we have launched a NICUVERSE
Our NICUVERSE is based on Mastodon, a relatively new and de-centralised social media platform similar to Twitter, and suitable for niched networks like us. Naturally, the current development around Twitter has led to a migration of professional discussions to other platforms.
We do not know where this journey will take us. We just felt this platform would complement our forum discussions here on 99nicu.org!
Below we gather useful tips and tricks for how to visit and interact in the NICUVERSE.
No algorithms is putting the feed together, therefore #hashtags is of great help for everyone to keep updated. Feel free to use whatever hashtag you find great for your toots! In addition, we propose the following main hashtags: #NeoNews - for news in neonatology
- #NeoEBM - for publications and EBM-content
- #Nicuverse - about this space itself
- #NeoCase - to mark case discussions
- #NeoTech - about NICU medtech
- #NeoPoll - for polls
- #myNeoResearch - for your own research
- #NeoNews - for news in neonatology
- #NeoPod - NICU podcast related topics
- #NeoMeeting - for conference discussions
- #NeoLife - about everything else from small to large, on- and off-topic
COLUMNS LIKE TWEETDECK To view the NICUVERSE web site as "columns", similar to Tweetdeck, go to Settings / Preferences / Appearence. There tick-mark the box "Enable Advanced Web Interface". Done!