I an interested to know what diagnostic markers you are using in your daily work, to diagnose early/late onset infection in term/preterm infants:
1. Clinical signs
2. CBC and differentials
4. Clinical score (HR variability etc. )
5. Acute phase reactant (ie; Procalcitonin, SAA etc)
6. Cytokines and\or chemokines (ie IL-6, IL-8, 10 etc
7. Leukocyte surface antigen (CD11b, CD64 etc)
8. Molecular techniques : PCRs or FISH to detect bacteria
Is there any difference applying these markers in preterm or term infant?
Or in early Vs. late infection?