My colleague Ewa Henckel defended her thesis at Karolinska Institutet on "Cellular consequences of preterm birth : telomere biology, immune development and oxidative stress" last week, including four projects on
- telomere length, inflammation and lung function
- viral respiratory infections and cellular aging
- immune system development and environmental exposures
- hyperoxia-induced lung damage and the capacity to counter-act surfactant inactivation with a novel antioxidant
A great thesis, available for download here: https://openarchive.ki.se/xmlui/handle/10616/46531
For the table seating at the dissertation party, her husband had made clever and funny personal drawings for all guests. I translate mine for you below, it is on the spot
Best regards from Mr Conference Organiser
PS. BTW, hope to meet up with you at the next "Future of Neonatal Care" conference in Copenhagen. Click here to find out more.
- So, welcome to this year's conference. Would the first speaker like to crawl on stage and babble?"