What information we collect:
When using our services, we may require some of the following information for the technical functionality of the web site:
- Email address
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Geographical location
- Length of visit, page views, website navigation and any other related browsing activity
- What we do with the information we collect:
The information you provide to us is required for, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Access to our website
- Account management
- Sending notices of relevant communications
We are committed to ensuring that any information you provide to us is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place safeguards to secure the information we collect.
You have the option to activate ‘two factor authentications’ in your account settings. This is a recommended step to take after registering, however we reserve the right to make this mandatory at any future date. To use this additional security setting you will need access to a smart mobile phone and download the Google Authenticator App. Other authentication applications may be supported in the future.
We use small text files, called cookies, to store information in your web browser. The information stored may include preferences, session identification, HTTP information, and IP address.
You can set your browser to not receive cookies, but this may degrade your ability to use our website.
The Cookies we use are as follows:
- Session Cookies – we use these when you enter our website and they remain in place whilst you are using our website. A session cookie is stored in temporary memory and is not normally retained after the browser is closed. Session cookies do not collect information from a user’s computer.
- User Cookies – these remember your choices when using our website such as login details, what you have viewed and other actions that you perform whilst visiting our website. These cookies are retained after you close your web browser.
- Third Party Cookies – generally these are cookies deposited by other websites which may or may not be affiliated with our website. These may be tracking, or analytical cookies related to: YouTube videos that you post or view and other media types for videos or audio.
IP addresses of computers used to visit our website, are stored in our database. This includes when first registering for an account, managing your account details, writing a private or public message or performing any other transaction which results in data being transferred to or from your computer and the website in question.
Your IP address is not visible to the public at any time.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites. These websites may or may not be affiliated with our website.
Controlling your personal information:
When using our website, you may choose to limit public viewing of applicable personal information through the settings located in your personal account.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you site information or other information pertaining to your account. You can adjust what types of communication you prefer to receive in your account settings.
You may request a copy of any information that we hold on you that could potential identify you as an individual. You may also request that we delete all information that we hold on you should you wish to close your account and no longer be a member of our website.
If you discover any of the information that we hold for you is incorrect or incomplete, that you are unable to change yourself, please contact us as soon as possible so the necessary changes can be made. A contact link is available at the bottom of every page on this site and you can also Personal Message an administrator using the sites internal messaging system.
Some contents on 99nicu.org (such as case presentations in the virtual NICU) are closed for guest visitors and can only be accessed by members being logged-in.
99nicu guidelines and rules, and Disclaimer of the eHandbook
99nicu - the community for professionals in neonatal medicine, AB EPIKRIS, Vikbyvagen 11, 181 43 Lidingo, Stockholm, Sweden