JOIN THE DISCUSSION!

Want to join the discussions?

If you are a member already, log in!

(lost your password? reset it here)

99nicu.org 99nicu.org

99nicu Poll: What social media platforms do you use?

Which social media sites do you use for professional communication? (>1 alternative allowed)  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The first 99nicu Poll in 2013 is about your use of social media, and which web platforms you use for professional communication with other neonatal staff.

When we started 99nicu in 2006, I did not sense the dramatic development of interactive web sites during the years to come. In a way, we were pioneers without knowing about it. But the basic idea behind 99nicu contained everything in the definition of "Social media", according to Wikipedia.

Social media refers to the means of interactions among people in which they create, share, exchange and comment contents among themselves in virtual communities and networks.

We aimed to create a platform for professional communication between neonatal staff, with the aim to promote health among the thousands and thousands of term and preterm infants populating NICUs around the world.

I'd will expand on my thoughts about social media in a blog post later, and how its use has changed my own relation to medicine in general, and neonatology in particular.

Share your own use of social media sites, and feel free to share your own experiences about your own professional use of social media.

Multiple choices are allowed in this poll, i.e. if you use both Sermo and Twitter - tick both alternatives.

8)

• 2 weeks later...