JOIN THE DISCUSSION!

Want to join the discussions?

If you are a member already, log in!

(lost your password? reset it here)

99nicu.org 99nicu.org

How could 99nicu get better for You!?

99nicu soon has 1500+ members, and it would be interesting to hear your opinions about our community. The web visitor statistics shows a steady and rising number of visitors too, but we feel that 99nicu does not reach its full potential yet.

• How can we facilitate discussions?
  • Which features are missing?
  • Are you getting too many emails, or too few?
  • Can we improve design and functionality?
  • Creative ideas about funding? :)

Speak freely!

• 1 month later...

Hi Stefan,

first of all i wanna thank you for the lovely Mouse Pads! They`re great :)

There is a Forum (Nursing) in germany called Pflegeboard http://www.pflegeboard.de/. It hase some features which are missing here... they send you an overview of all newly started discussions with a direct link to the discussions monthly. So one can decide whether or not to participate and you don`t have to search the Forum for new discussions....I`ll send you the next mail they send me, just to let you know how it looks like. I know the button "new post`s" does failry the same job, but the mail kind of reminds me to go and take a look. Hope that helps.

Regards Norbert

PS: This Forum is on a verry good way, there is not a single neonatal or pediatric Forum i know of, that got so many members and such a big reply by it`s members. Especially not that fast! The German speaking Countries are much bigger than Sweden, but weren`t able to establish a Forum like this.

Norbert, thanks for good input! Please send me the next newsletter from Pflegeboard.

Our newly newsletter "99nicu News" aim to inform about new discussions too, but I think we can improve.

Our RSS-feed certainly help people to stay updated too, our members just need to start use this feature.

We recommend Firefox for browsing 99nicu too, adding our RSS-feed as a live bookmark is very handy. I always look there for updates myself!

HI Stefan,

sorry, but i just received the first newsletter today....that`s because my email address wasn`t listed correct in this forum (we talked about it privately). Your newsletter looks a bit different from the one the pflegeboard uses, but it is as helpful as the one the pflegeboard uses. Anyway, i will send you a copy when i receive the next newsletter.

The RSS Feed is a good idea, i haven`t used this feature at all until now, but now i`m going to change my practice a little to see how it works and if it`s usefull for me....

Thank`s for your advise...

Norbert

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Stefan

Thank you for all that you do to keep things going-very impressive.

as one who is wholly involved in the psychological support of parents in NICU it would be good to know what other psychological support is offered in NICUs.

Most of the info on the site is medical maybe there could be some section/encouragement for the other important parts of the MDT to be involved with sharing/discussion.

There must be some great work out there that could be shared and encouraged.

With best wishes

Ian

Most of the info on the site is medical maybe there could be some section/encouragement for the other important parts of the MDT to be involved with sharing/discussion

Dear Ian, maybe we should have such a section under "General neonatal care". Family support is really one of the corner stones of neonatal care. Could you please suggest a name for such a section?

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the info on the site is medical maybe there could be some section/encouragement for the other important parts of the MDT to be involved with sharing/discussion.

There must be some great work out there that could be shared and encouraged.

With best wishes

Ian

Ian, family support is really on of the corner stones of neonatal care and we have now added a forum dedicated to family support (here!)

The Family Support-forum is sorted under the section General Neonatal Care.

Two of the discussion previously started in other forums have been moved there.