JOIN THE DISCUSSION!

Want to join the discussions?

If you are a member already, log in!

(lost your password? reset it here)

99nicu.org 99nicu.org
Sign in to follow this  
Stefan Johansson

99nicu Poll: what ventilators do you use on your ward?

What ventilators do you use on your ward (multiple choices allowed)?  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mechanical ventilation - one of the corner stones of modern neonatal intensive care.

We want to encourage exchange of knowledge, experience and opinions regarding equipment and therefore launch a 99nicu Poll about the subject.

What ventilators do you use on your ward for mechanical ventilation (i.e. not HFOV)?

Please share your comments below!

Guest bcneonatal

We use Maquet's Servo i in the NAVA or NIV NAVA modes mostly.

We use Maquet's Servo i in the NAVA or NIV NAVA modes mostly.

we are happy with sle 5000 and draeger vn 500

Guest cocoguawa

BabyLog, Servo i and High Frec. Sensor Medics... For non invasive ventilation we use Infant flow.

We use Nellcor Puritan Bennett 840, they have an added neonatal component. They are flexible and work well.

In Faro Hospital we use Babylog 8000, Babylog VN 500, SLE, Servo 300A and Infant Flow for non invisível ventilation

We use SLE 5000 , Bear 750 , Babylog 8000 , Sensormedics .

With our great pleasure, i would say.

SLE 5000 and SLE 2000,very sterdy machines

At my UNIT in Lisbon we use Babylog 8000. SLE 2000 e Fabian, we still have some old Sensor medics that we

seldom use them

We use Maquet servo-i non NAVA, for almost 5 years without any problem.. Recently we tried SLE 5000, it keeps on alarming every time we put on the baby (we also tried the HFO mode on it).. Not succesful, so it retire right now.. Please share the experience with this SLE 5000.. Some friends also have the same problems..

We also have GE, but not satisfied with it.. It always show apnoe in the monitor, eventough the baby is breathing.. The technician said that we should put off the flow sensor if we use PCV mode (really???)..

We also used to use AVEA, but the problem is also with the flow sensor.. It's easily broken..

For me, servo i is the best..

We use babylog and SLE5000. The SLE has a very sensitive sensor, to avoid the alarm all the time you just have to recalibrate the flow sensor everytime you disconnect the baby, be careful with water in the flow sensor! By recalibrating the sensor we were able to handle this problem and the SLE works really good, especially in HFO, but we still have problems with PSV mode and guaranteed volume, anyone can help?

We are using Babylog 8000 with the baby flow for invasive and non invasive, as well as Bubble CPAP.

Mechanical ventilation - one of the corner stones of modern neonatal intensive care.

We want to encourage exchange of knowledge, experience and opinions regarding equipment and therefore launch a 99nicu Poll about the subject.

What ventilators do you use on your ward for mechanical ventilation (i.e. not HFOV)?

we use Babylog 8000 for invasive and NIPPV ventilation.In some cases for HFV use Sensor Medics.

We have Drager babylog 8000 plus, Sensormedics 3100A and SLE 5000. I prefer the SLE 5000 for it's user friendly, power and versatility.